Why Choose Online Learning?
Whether you want to take a few online classes or finish your degree 100% online, there’s no shortage of reasons to choose an online degree. Here are eight of the best.
1) Balance. Online degrees let you fit classes into your crazy, jam-packed schedule, making it easier to keep up with work, family, social stuff and school on your terms.
2) Anytime, anywhere studying. One of the benefits of online study is that you don’t have to get dressed, get in the car, fight traffic, commute to campus and attend class. Study in your pajamas on the couch. Nobody cares. Honest.
3) Accelerated courses. Learn at a fast and convenient pace with accelerated online classes.
4) Lower costs. Online degree programs take advantage of online’s inherent ability for self-paced instruction, flexible adjunct faculty and student mentors to help adult learners save on tuition, instruction or other costs.
5) Faster completion. Besides accelerated courses, some degree programs are accelerated, too, helping fast-track you to the finish.
6) More choice. Yesterday’s online degree program option: basket weaving. Today’s options: wide open. From accounting to business administration to HR management to marketing, there’s virtually no limit to which degree you can earn online.
7) Availability of certain credentials. The explosive growth of online degree programs means that it’s easier than ever to earn an online degree through an accredited institution (one deemed by a third-party agency to have met established educational standards). So what does that mean? In the eyes of future employers, your online degree from an accredited college or university is just as valuable as a traditional degree while being a much more flexible option for your current lifestyle.
8) Self-paced learning. Going at your own pace is shown to be a more effective learning method for independent learners. With online classes, you’re in charge of when and how much to study within the course framework.